Toddler-approved meal ideas and 1 year old lunches with veggies based on what my toddlers actually eat for lunch every day.
Try these 10 lunch ideas to get your toddler to eat more veggies!
I’m a mom of two toddlers and am sharing my tips and tricks to get my toddlers to eat more veggies plus ten 1 year old lunches with veggies for meal ideas inspiration. These meals would also work well for older toddlers or young children as well.
You might also like these related posts:
- Fun 1 Year Old Lunch Ideas
- 12 Toddler Lunch Ideas that Aren’t Sandwiches
- 20 Toddler Meals with Veggies
How to Get Your Toddler to Eat More Veggies
I’m not a nutritionist or dietician, but I am a mom of two toddlers and am sharing what has worked for us. Here are some tips and tricks I use to get my toddlers to eat more veggies:
- Stir veggies in to foods they already like. Try adding veggies to mac & cheese, grilled cheese, quesadillas, eggs, or pasta sauce.
- Let your toddler help or pick veggies for the meal. Toddlers are almost always more willing to try something if they helped make it or had a choice in serving up their plate.
- Make if colorful or use fun shapes and tools. Foods that are more appealing are more fun to eat. Try using these food cutters or fun construction silverware set that we got an Amazon!
- Add a dip. Serving veggies with your toddler’s favorite dip can help them taste and try new veggies. Even if they use it as a spoon its still great veggie exposure! I would much rather have my kids eat veggie with ranch than not each veggies at all.
- Serve it snack style. Serve small portions of veggies along side all your toddler’s favorite healthy snacks. You can make a snack plate with a regular plate or try using this fun EZPZ Mini Mat. We love EZPZ because they are made of non-toxic silicone and are all dishwasher safe (mom win!). Take 25% Off Orders $75+ at EZPZ with Code EZPZ25L
Toddler Meal Ideas with Veggies
1 Year Old Lunch Idea #1: Mac & Cheese with Riced Cauliflower
Mac & Cheese with Riced Cauliflower: I love stirring veggies like peas, carrots, and broccoli into mac & cheese, and I recently discovered riced cauliflower as another fun mix in. This could be a good veggie to start if you are just starting to mix in veggies to your toddler’s meals. Side of raspberries and avocado.
Veggie Toddler Lunch #2: Avocado Quesadilla
Avocado Quesadilla: add veggies like corn, broccoli, or bell pepper to your toddler’s quesadilla or swap out the cheese for avocado for a great addition of healthy fat. Side of gooseberries (quarter for young toddlers) and black beans with corn.
1 Year Old Veggie Lunch #3: Veggie Egg Muffin
Veggie Egg Muffin: use a muffin tin to make egg muffins with all your toddler’s favorite mix ins and include veggies in there as well. Or try my favorite frozen variety by Veggies Made Great (they come frozen and heat up in the microwave in 45-60 seconds). Side of peas, raisins, strawberries, whole milk string cheese (half for younger toddlers) and cheese crackers.
Plate is the EZPZ Mini Mat
Toddler Lunch with Veggies #4: Butternut Squash Mac
Butternut Squash Mac: instead of using pasta to make mac & cheese, use noodles made of veggies instead. Zucchini spirals is a fun option or crinkle cut butternut squash (I bought them pre-cut in the produce section or you could use a crinkle cutter tool to make your own).
Toddler Veggie Lunch #5: Tex Mex Veggie Pita
Tex Mex Veggie Pita: use a pita as the base and top with mushed avocado and veggies like black beans, sweet pepper, and corn. Serve sides for dipping like greek yogurt or sour cream, and salsa.
1 Year Old Lunch Idea #6: Eggy Veggie Pizza
Eggy Veggie Pizza: sauté some of your toddler’s favorite veggies like spinach, tomato, and onions and add in eggs to make scrambled eggs. Before its done cooking lay a tortilla on top and cook for 30-60 seconds until the eggs are set. Flip over and cook the bottom of the tortilla until crispy. Serve with your toddler’s favorite dipping sauce (like ketchup) and a side of fruit.
Toddler Lunch Idea #7: Dr. Praeger’s Broccoli Littles
Dr. Praeger’s Broccoli Littles: my boys love these frozen veggie potato cakes from Dr. Praeger’s brand. Served with sides of cucumber and cooked carrots with hummus for dipping and sliced strawberries.
Toddler Veggie Meal Idea #8: Broccoli Grilled Cheese
Broccoli Grilled Cheese: if your toddler is a fan of grilled cheese (I know my boys are), add some extra nutrients by adding in veggies like broccoli or tomato (which is a fruit, but still yummy and nutritious). We add some ketchup for dipping and side of raspberries.
1 Year Old Lunch #9: Avocado Veggie Chicken Salad
Avocado Veggie Chicken Salad: combine shredded chicken with avocado, peas, and carrots to make a healthier version of chicken salad that is toddler-friendly. Instead of peas and carrots, cucumber and grapes is another fun option that my toddlers love! Side of blueberries (be sure to halve or squish for young toddlers).
Toddler Lunch Idea #10: Veggie Snack Plate
Veggie Snack Plate: my toddlers are almost always more willing to try something if I call it a snack, and this snack plate is no exception! Serve small portion of your toddler’s favorite snacks including healthy options like fruits and veggies. Almost anything goes, clean out your fridge, pantry, and left-overs. Here we had: carrots, tomato, avocado, grapes, string cheese (halve for young toddlers), cheese puffs, yellow pepper, cheese, mandarin orange, and a chocolate treat.
1 Year Old Lunches with Veggies Summary
To recap, here are 10 easy toddler lunches to help your kids eat more veggies:
- Mac & Cheese with Riced Cauliflower
- Avocado Quesadilla
- Veggies Made Great Egg Muffins
- Butternut Squash Mac
- Tex Mex Veggie Pita
- Eggy Veggie Pizza
- Dr. Praeger’s Broccoli Littles
- Broccoli Grilled Cheese
- Avocado Veggie Chicken Salad
- Veggie Snack Plate
Thanks for stopping by! You might also like these related posts:
- Toddler Meal Prep: Time-Saving Tips for Busy Parents
- 50 Toddler Snack Tray Ideas
- 48 Favorite Toddler Meal Ideas
- Fun School Lunch Idea: Bento Box Pizza
- 5-Minute Toddler Lunch Ideas (Quick & Easy Lunches)
Pin now to save for later!