Simple and fun 1 year old lunch ideas based on what my 1 year old is eating every day. Easy, no-fuss lunch ideas that are great for young toddlers!
Are you looking for toddler meal ideas outside of the normal grilled cheese or mac & cheese (my boys do love those too, but every now and then we need something fun!). I’m a mom of two toddlers and am sharing our meals as inspiration for other mamas.
You might like these related posts:
- 7 Toddler Lunch Ideas for the Week – 2 Year Olds
- Easy Toddler Breakfast Ideas for 24 Months
- Fun Toddler Lunch Ideas for 2 Year Olds
How to Make Meal Time More Fun?
I like to follow a few simple tips to make meal time more fun for my 1 year old:
- Fun Plate: we love our EZPZ Mini Play Mat (the flower-shaped divider plate shown below) and use it to make snack plates for lunch. It’s made of non-toxic silicone and is dishwasher safe. I’ve found its the perfect serving size for toddlers and they loves seeing all of their favorite healthy snacks served at meal time. (Take 25% Off Orders $75+ at EZPZ with Code EZPZ25LOVE)
- Make it Colorful: serve a variety of fruits, veggies, and healthy fats to make the plate colorful. Different colors naturally offer a variety of nutrients so its also a good way to make sure your toddler is getting a well-rounded diet.
- Add Dip or Sauce: I’d much rather have my kids eat carrots with ranch, than not eat carrots at all. Some of their favorites are ketchup (I choose organic to avoid corn syrup), hummus, and ranch dressing
- Serve Fun Shapes: buy food that comes in fun kid-friendly shapes or get your own food cutters to cut fruit, veggies, cheese, and sandwiches (or whatever else you can think of)!
Fun 1 Year Old Toddler Meals
- Veggies Made Great Snack Plate: one of my favorite mom hacks is to serve Veggies Made Great muffins and frittatas. They heat up in 30-60 seconds in the microwave and are loaded with hidden veggies. Here we had spinach egg white frittatas, strawberries, whole milk string cheese (cut again in half for young toddlers), cheese crackers, peas, and raisins.
Shop the EZPZ Mini Play Mat <<<<<
- Eggy Pizza: Your toddler will love seeing something different on their plate that resembles a toddler fan favorite (pizza). Make scrambled eggs with your toddler’s favorite toppings (we used spinach, tomatoes, and cheese). Before it cooks through top with a tortilla and cook an additional 30 seconds. Flip the tortilla over so that the eggs are on top and cook until the tortilla is crispy. I topped with ketchup drizzle and served with a side of mandarin oranges.
- Dr. Praeger’s Broccoli Littles: try a nutritious and easy food that comes in fun shape, like these Dr. Praeger’s Broccoli Littles. Side of cooked carrots and cucumbers with hummus, and strawberries.
- Cereal Snack Plate: another fun example using our favorite EZPZ Mini Play Mat! Use your toddler’s favorite cereal and serve it dry or with milk, side of cheese, cheese crackers, banana, cucumber, and apricot.
Shop the EZPZ Mini Play Mat <<<<<
- Turkey Roll Ups: serve turkey, ham, or lunch meat of your choosing. Roll up and cut into slices to make little pinwheels. Side of very thinly sliced applies, quartered grapes, and cucumber with hummus.
- Baked Beans: baked beans might not be something your toddler is expecting to see for lunch! Serve with healthy sides like Dr. Praeger’s Spinach littles and mandarin oranges.
- Green Machine Chicken Salad: shredded chicken (I used canned chicken breast) with mashed avocado and peas (cucumber is also a good alternative). Side of thinly sliced apples with peanut butter and Babybell cheese.
- Turkey Cheese Pinwheels: Warm up a tortilla and melt cheese on top, then top with sliced turkey breast. Roll up tightly and cut into slices like pinwheels. Side of quartered grapes, strawberries, and avocado.
- Broccoli Cheese Tots: For a healthier version of tots we love the Green Giant Broccoli Cheese tots. Side of cooked carrots (slice in half for young toddlers), whole milk string cheese, and strawberries.
- Crackers & Cheese Snack Plate: take crackers and cheese to the next level by making it a fun snack plate! Add your toddler’s favorites like grapes, blueberries, and string cheese and serve all together on a plate or in a muffin tin.
Summary of Fun 1 Year Old Lunches
To list is out one more time, here are 10 of our favorite fun 1 year old lunch ideas based on what my 1 year old actually eats:
- Veggies Made Great Snack Plate
- Eggy Pizza
- Dr. Praeger’s Broccoli Littles
- Cereal Snack Plate
- Turkey Roll Ups
- Baked Beans
- Green Machine Chicken Salad
- Turkey Cheese Pinwheels
- Broccoli Cheese Tots
- Crackers & Cheese Snack Plate
Thanks for stopping by! You might also like these related posts:
- Toddler Meal Prep: Time-Saving Tips for Busy Parents
- 50 Toddler Snack Tray Ideas
- 48 Favorite Toddler Meal Ideas
- Fun School Lunch Idea: Bento Box Pizza
- 5-Minute Toddler Lunch Ideas (Quick & Easy Lunches)
Pin now to save for later!